Logo

6 HP Evinrude Not sliding on to transom - Lever Assembly in the way

sne43

I have an E6REDS, 6 HP Evinrude that will not slide on to the transom. There is a part that is sticking up and in the way that I can not figure out how to push down or up and out of the way. See the photo attached of the part and the way it is sticking up so it is in the way of putting the motor on the transom. How do I get this part to be in the normal position?

I think the part is number 70 "Link and Lever Assembly in the attached schematic.

Attachments

• IMG951847.jpg
    IMG951847.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 50490.jpg
    50490.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 40
Looks like your shallow water mechanism should just push down. On that model the handle that raises and lowers it is always broke off of those.

Which lever do I push/pull to change its position? I do not have an owner's manual and the motor is new to me. Nothing is broken off the motor and it is all intact.

To be clear, Here is a photo with an arrow pointing to the part that seems in the wrong position. Where should it be and in what position? The motor is really in almost pristine condition. I don't see anything jammed in there.

motor.jpg

Right below your arrow has 2 rivets in it that is part of the handle follow it might not be broke. It should fold up flat so the motor will fit.

Last edited:
Back