Logo

55hp 1988 Cdi problem running on 2 cylinders timing marks way out

mikej

"I have run the motor with a t

"I have run the motor with a timing light and the marks are way off, like 120 degrees. As there is no adjustment for timing would it be a cdi pack replacement?"

"Hi all, the motor is running

"Hi all, the motor is running on two cylinders because no 1 is sparking 120 deg out, the timing marks show no. 1 and 2 sparking in the same spot on the flywheel. I have checked the wiring for damage from cdi unit to pulsar coils and from cdi to coils and found none, have changed the CDi unit and its just the same.There is no adjustment to the timing on this model as it all happens in the cdi unit. could there be a sensor which could cause this? Thankyou"

"you need to find dop dead cen

"you need to find dop dead center on piston 1 then mark that on the fly wheel, that is tdc
what is the timing specs"

"The fly wheel has TDC marked

"The fly wheel has TDC marked on it with a notch under a removeable access cover. The motor has no 1 cylinder on the mark at TDC. As for timing there id no adjustment. Could a faulty low oil re-set unit be causing it for the level in the tank? When the rev limiter kicks in, how does it limit the revvs? Is it through the timing? Thanks"

"Turned out to be oil level se

"Turned out to be oil level sensor in the oil tank was faulty, kicking in the rev limiter. Thanks"

Back