Logo

5.7 vortec mercruiser intake manifold

trimta

Can I use FEL-PRO INTAKE GASKET KIT # MS-98000T for SALT WATER application? FEL-PRO came out with this updated intake gasket to eliminate the vacuum leak due to the intake bolt pattern ( only 2 bolts in each corner). All my readings on this gasket were positive & were related to street application.

Thank you for getting back to me, would you know what the torque would be? my Manuel does not have info. on the vortex set up.

Actually many if not most marine blocks do not use the Z gaskets.

A 3/8 inch bead of good oil resistant RTV (grey gear case type) along the whole length and up and over the intake ears, let it cure for 24 hrs after intake install and it should be good for the life of the engine.

The Vortec manifolds especially at the rear are notorious for leaking oil do to weak Z gasket!!

Update on that mercruiser vortex 5.7.You guys helped me get in the ball park of year of manufacture 1996-2012 with just the eng. casting # 10243880, I just started working on the boat again and I noticed a metal tag on the front of the engine behind the power steering pump bracket it reads REMANUFACTURED 508650. Does this number help getting to the actual date of the motor?

Back