Logo

5.7 strating issue

amantinori

Contributing Member
My Eagle 23' On initial start it take the motor many many cranks to fire up. during cranking you can hear it wants to start then after a minute or so and almost killing the battery the motor fires up. once ran you can kill the motor and it will start right back up. I did a tune up, cap, plugs, oil, fuel. Cant figure out why will not fire right up.

Ayuh,... Sounds like the carb is leakin' off, there for the fuelpump has to refill it, before it'll start...

i think its carbed, i just got the boat. Ill have to try giving it a few throttle squirts first this weekend. if its the carb leaking off how do i fix that?

My Eagle 23' On initial start it take the motor many many cranks to fire up. during cranking you can hear it wants to start then after a minute or so and almost killing the battery the motor fires up. once ran you can kill the motor and it will start right back up. I did a tune up, cap, plugs, oil, fuel. Cant figure out why will not fire right up.

you did a tuneup and dont know if it has a carb??

na i didn't do the tune up, the marina did. I literally just got the boat like 2 weeks ago and only seen it 4 times since. This weekend im really going to get in to the motor and check it all out up and down. Im usta dual chrysler 318 now ill learning about Merc's

Back