Logo

5.7 Mercruiser Fuel Injected 350 no Spark

Hi so I bought a 2002 Centurion Sport Bowrider with a 350 Mercruiser fuel injected motor. Well I took it out this past week and was having a blast. My girlfriend wanted to drive the boat. She came into a area with choppy water with a lot of wake and got scared and let off the throttle and we took on water. She got back on the throttle but wanted to let me drive and let off again and we took on more water. This water got into the inboard engine area and caused the motor to die. We let it sit for a while and turned on the bilge and got rid of water and after about 15 mins it started back up. We made it back and took it home and I drained the water from the hull using the drain plugs. Went to take it out again today and it wouldn't start at all. It cranks but gets no spark I checked the plugs and no spark coming from them. Any idea what could be causing this no sparking issue? Thanks

here is what you might want to do.

1. look again as to where the water came in and what parts of the engine it got onto/into.

2. did it get onto the distributor? if so it may have gotten inside. you may need to remove it and clean out any water or moisture.

3. If you have a vertical standing coil then as suggested remove the coil wire check for water in/on coil socket.

4. any electrical connections that are not water tight disconnect and check for water. ( disconnect battery first!!)

got to go but maybe someone else can contribute while I go back to work.....normal Job....lol

kill switch? check relays on engine,do you here the electric fuel pump when you turn key to ignition position on off on off listen carefully.

Back