Logo

43 volvo with 300 Chrysler leg

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"A further question on this 4.

"A further question on this 4.3 gxi motor and duo pro leg.Does anybody know??At resent the boat is fitted with a 265 chrysler hemi motoe with a chrysler 300 outdrive.What is the difference if we fit the 4.3 volvo gxi motor and duoprop leg to the boat.will we have to rebuild the transom or will we have to enlarge the whole to take the duo pro leg.If we have to make the whole a little larger to accomidate the transom fot the duo pro, thats ok.But does anybody know if this is the case or will the transom require work.Hoping someone knows this.Thanks
Stan"

"further question on this 4.3

"further question on this 4.3 gxi volvo motor and duo pro leg.Does anybody know??At resent the boat is fitted with a 265 chrysler hemi motoe with a chrysler 300 outdrive.What is the difference if we fit the 4.3 volvo gxi motor and duoprop leg to the boat.will we have to rebuild the transom or will we have to enlarge the whole to take the duo pro leg.If we have to make the whole a little larger to accomidate the transom fot the duo pro, thats ok.But does anybody know if this is the case or will the transom require work.Hoping someone knows this.Thanks
Stan
I dont believe that no one has come across this situation.Any feedback please"

I'm pretty sure the 300 cu

I'm pretty sure the 300 cut out was bigger than the Volvo's of the same vintage. I never studied a duo prop set up. What are your plans for the 300 drive?

we have 2 300 drives 1 for spa

we have 2 300 drives 1 for spares and 1 to back in boat and also have 2 hemi chrysler 265 motors which are both in good shape but are considering our options to repower to 4.3 volvos with duoprop legs.

"That sounds like a good idea

"That sounds like a good idea actually. If my leg bites the dust the Volvo would be a great idea and besides Chrysler used to use them but I don't know about that chevy engine though....
thumbs_down.gif
"

Back