Logo

40HP Johnson

J

Jeff Groves

" I have a motor, Jouhnson 40H

" I have a motor, Jouhnson 40HP, model J40CCLTTS. Any Idea what year this is, and whether it can be converted from hand controls to console controls?

Thanks
Jeff "

"Jeff,

I think with al

"Jeff,

I think with all the Johnsons you can convert them to console controls, there is usually a bracket there, even on the tiller models, for throttle/shift control cables. There is also probably a hole on the shift lever for the shift control. I think you allready have the mounting point for the steering link arm, on the engine, and the tilt tube, to run the steering cable through. If not, Teleflex (and of course Bombardier, OMC or whatever you call them) makes a bunch of kits that you could buy or follow as a guide to convert the steering, here's a link to west marine's website with some examples:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/commerce/command/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=201&cgrfnbr=316&outlet=

Those are a few different strategies for pulling it off. It may take a little creativity, but's it's definitly possible. Good Luck,

Jon"

"Jeff.... I believe that you&#

"Jeff.... I believe that you've transposed the letters in that model number.

Joe
"

" JOE,

I have a 40 hp johns

" JOE,

I have a 40 hp johnson motor and it has sat up for two years. It ran fine before it sat. What do you suggest i do before i try to start it up again besides changing the fuel, and fuel filter? "

Back