Logo

4 blade to a 3 blade

cehmass

Advanced Contributor
"just removed prop ,need to fi

"just removed prop ,need to find replacement,
for 4x12.7x19 in a 3 blade what will be close to that"

"i was thinking i read somewhe

"i was thinking i read somewhere you go up one pitch with a 4 to a 3 and down one pitch with 3 to 4 , i think its kind of like cupped and uncupped props..........but i need to verify that......

ill see if i can find the link.

whats wrong with the old one?"

"its toast , dug in a little t

"its toast , dug in a little too deep on the hole shot,clipped something,i will see i i can post a photo"

"here is the prop the other is

"here is the prop the other is the id #s 4x12.7x19
248945.jpg
248946.jpg
"

woooooooow!

thats what i ca

woooooooow!

thats what i call bad!!

im still looking for the conversion link.......i saved it because i was thinking of going 4 blade---until i find out it would most likely hinder my performance.

"gets up and out real quick,bu

"gets up and out real quick,but suffers on the corners(tends to push)good for pulling skis tubes
etc..
hits 5200@35 mph"

"thats a carbon fiber POS ,i r

"thats a carbon fiber POS ,i really dont think
its bent,nor do i think that prop would be strong
enough to bend it."

"aluminumn 3 blade would bette

"aluminumn 3 blade would better suit my needs.
nothing to be sorry about,had it been alu from the start it might just be bent/ding"

"i almost bought one of those.

"i almost bought one of those...........until i saw one at the bait shop. it didnt look near as bad as yours, but it was missing a whole blade.

i asked the guy and said i thought those were made of some kind of composite-----he says "looks like someone melted some pop bottles-added black dye- and poured it into a mold............$90 piece of s***"..............so i stayed away from the "composite".

i was still set on a 4 blade until i found they reduce your rpm and top speed.................although one for the summer would be great."

you dont happen to know anythi

you dont happen to know anything about prop shaft do you?

i have a post on here.

and 2 on another site............but im thinking maybe i didnt word it correctly or no one with a answer has read them................i know im at a loss.

p.s. while the wife was watching/reading some threads for me last night (her turn on the net) and she asked me if this was the same charles harris from sallisaw............i told her i thought i had already asked but would ask again----are you he?

"nope not from sallisaw,in re

"nope not from sallisaw,in regards to your prop shaft that should not be a problem,as far as i can see its so small a reading you wont eaven
notice it ,its the prop that will give the vibration"

thanks charles!

my measurem

thanks charles!

my measurements were somewhat wrong....apparently.

when i put it on and spun the prop by hand...........i bet that prop wobbled a 1/4 inch...maybe a little more----------so needless to say i changed it back to my bent and broken skeg.

"Charles,
A 13X19 would be cl

"Charles,
A 13X19 would be close to a direct replacement.

I did the math on your 13x19 at 5200 rpm with a 2:1 gearcase. With 10% slip you are still around 42 mph unless the prop is slipping a lot. If you're truly only at 35mph, I'd go down in pitch

A 17p would put you at 37mph @ 5200
a 15p would put you at 33mph @ 5200

Of course you're rpm's will change with the change in load. I don't know how big you're boat or motor is, but I'd think a 17 or a cupped 15 would best match the motor to the boat. Do you have experience with anything other than the composite 4 blade?"

"yes i have had other props wi

"yes i have had other props with different boats
i have used 13 3/4x 17 & 13 3/4 x 15
the 15 being better with the load out on plane quicker,the 17 get a little more top speed not much 2 3 mph.
dry #s list 1800 boat add in the v4 90 hp and its getting 35 mph at 5200 rpm, also i seem to have a hard time finding the sweet spot while trimming.
my best guess would be to try a 17 pitch,
just trying to get a better idea before i buy its kinda a one shot deal ,so i will have to be happy with what i get$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"

Back