Logo

4.3 MPI engines sputters when attaching rabbit ears for flushing

Seagels

I have a 4.3 mpi, with about 80., I bought it with 50, and this is a crazy problem. Seems the engine can run fine, but then when I get it back to my parking area and attach the rabbit ears to flush, the engine starts immediately to sputter. Eventually it dies. However sometime later maybe hours later I can try it again and it restart fine. I have had it on the water and it normally been running fine, all except one time, I parked it and had lunch. then went to back it up to get out of space, and it started to sputter and eventually dies. We waited about 20 minutes of intermittently trying to start. Eventually it came back fine,and was fine for rest of afternoon for me to get it home and even turn off and then on while I got trailer? I am thinking that it might have something to do with the baffles, but because if happened on the water once, I am not sure. I have a vessel view and there never have been any codes whatsoever. No misfire codes, nothing. it has a new water separator, new water pump. Has anyone had this problem or any idea ?

I have a 4.3 mpi, with about 80., I bought it with 50, ...

what are you talking about with the numbers???

what year is it (ie, how old is the engine?

With no codes (stored or pending), that suggests the root cause is not tied to anything the ECU monitors...and intermittents can be time consuming to resolve...

what are you talking about with the numbers???

what year is it (ie, how old is the engine?

With no codes (stored or pending), that suggests the root cause is not tied to anything the ECU monitors...and intermittents can be time consuming to resolve...
Hours 50 and now has 80 hrs .
Its a 2015 Tahoe

Back