Logo

4.3 5.0 5.7 accessory interchangeability?

Bfeils

So I'm switching my 3.0 out for a 4.3 and I'm trying to source parts for the change. I know it's cheaper to just sell my boat and get a different one but I like to build and I know and like my boat it's just under powered in my opinion.
I'm wondering what accessories are interchangeable? I know the exhaust won't but what about alternator/ ps pump brackets, thermostat housing and other such parts. I'm going to be using exhaust manifolds and intake, might try the holley sniper efi that's now coast gaurd approved so not worried about fuel parts. Thanks in advance. If I could find a complete 4.3 for a reasonable price locally I'd buy it but the market seems dry around here right now.

-Brandon

Alternator and power steering pump (not the brackets) will transfer.

All other accessories will not.

V6 & V8 vs inline 4 are not the same at all.

V6 and V8 many things can transfer.

Your best course would be to find a good V6, then a good complete transom assembly and a good outdrive as the gear ratio is different for V6 and inline 4.

The transom assembly may work out as long as you change the exhaust tube from a single down tube to the "rams horn" double for the V 6. You will also need the exhaust tubes (solid one each side) and rubber tubes for connections (2 each side)

A junk donor boat would be ideal where the power train is good but boat is junk.

Also with V6 there really is no need for EFI unless you just have to have it. V6 is nothing special for power and a carbed one works perfectly well.

This will add up quick $$$$......!!

Thanks kg. I know most things wont transfer between the 4 and six cylinder. What I was asking was what is interchangeable between the 6 and 8 cylinder motors so I expand my available parts.

Alternator and power steering pump (not the brackets) will transfer.

All other accessories will not.

V6 & V8 vs inline 4 are not the same at all.

V6 and V8 many things can transfer.

Your best course would be to find a good V6, then a good complete transom assembly and a good outdrive as the gear ratio is different for V6 and inline 4.

The transom assembly may work out as long as you change the exhaust tube from a single down tube to the "rams horn" double for the V 6. You will also need the exhaust tubes (solid one each side) and rubber tubes for connections (2 each side)

A junk donor boat would be ideal where the power train is good but boat is junk.

Also with V6 there really is no need for EFI unless you just have to have it. V6 is nothing special for power and a carbed one works perfectly well.

This will add up quick $$$$......!!

I swapped a 4.3 for a 5.0 and all accessories on the front of the engines interchanged no issue. 5.7 would be the same

as mentioned find a junk boat or complete take out, otherwise you'll get nickeled and dined to get all the parts

Nice! Thanks, i'm glad to know that

I swapped a 4.3 for a 5.0 and all accessories on the front of the engines interchanged no issue. 5.7 would be the same

as mentioned find a junk boat or complete take out, otherwise you'll get nickeled and dined to get all the parts

Back