Logo

360 overheat problem

short_fuse

I have rebuilt 360 250 hp both

I have rebuilt 360 250 hp both run at 160-170 up to2900 rpm.After I get on the gas temp starts to rise pretty fast.I have checked for obstuctions and collapsing hoses.Manifolds and risers are good as well as the heat exchangers.Is this a possible timing issue. Thanks

"Look for an air leak before t

"Look for an air leak before the raw water pump. The tiniest of air leaks will cause this.

Also, make sure the water pump belt is tight and in good shape.

Jeff"

"John, I have the same problem

"John, I have the same problem with one of my FWC 360's. It starts at 3000 to 3100 rpm and climbs fast from there. Can cruise all day at 3100. Mechanic says my risers / elbows are clear, but they are 5 years old minimum. Engine is FWC. If you figure yours out,let me know. I will do the same."

check the intake screens arent

check the intake screens arent cloged with antifouling paint

"Interesting... my starboard e

"Interesting... my starboard engine has the exact problem that john mutch described above. While winterizing I found that the previous owner failed to secure the intake hose with clamps (hose from the strainer to the seacock). I have only owned the boat a few months and feel lucky that neither hose came off and sank my boat.

Anyhow, my question is... could there have been enough air getting in to cause the symptoms described? Probably a dumb question, I know... but I am new to marine engines.

Thanks in advance.
http://picasaweb.google.com/rjcress/71_TriCabin_purchased/photo?authkey=FL3crcJC roI#5087560650073899618"

Back