Logo

350Q water leak

goatbuster

Just put in the new thermostat, salt water cooled. Hooked up fresh water hose to test run. I think I noticed droplets of water slinging from the bottom of the flywheel. It's just a small amount and wonder where it could be coming from. Could the pressure from the hose into the cooling water system be causing it. Is there a water passage that could have corroded through and spraying a mist inside the flywheel enclosure? Does anyone know how the water system runs through the 350Q and if it's possible to get a leak in there. Thanks

Had the same problem after removing the waterpump on the front top of the flywheel housing... Thats the only place water can get to the Flywheel on my 350Q 's....Dribbling down onto the pully and then onto the Flywheel.

Johnscott

I just replaced that pump also. What did you do to fix the leak? I'll look into it further and try to figure it out. Also, how are your 350Qs holding up. I just got mine, it runs good but hope it has a lot of life left in it. Are there any common problems I should look for. Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken....I just bought the boat last fall. Its a 1975 Chris Craft 35' Aft Cabin and needs a lot of TLC. Ran the the boat home in fall and found both engines not able to produce full power. Replaced the Carter Carbs with Edelbrocks and replaced the Fuel filters, points, Dist. Cap and rotor and finally flushed and cleaned both fuel tanks.... Now both enginges produce max rpm again and run great and start rightup. I used a little oil on the way here but it looks like both engines seep a little around the valve covers. That leak I had resulted from the replacement of the Ringgear which was prity chewed up...Fixed the leak with silicone sealer thinnly coated on the waterpump flange. In all I'm quite happy with the 350Q's.....Regards Johnscott from Germany.

Back