Logo

350Q vs. Edelbrock 1409

Scott Bowlick

Hello, new to the forum. I apologize if this has been asked/answered. I searched and came close but...

My 1975 Coho has a pair of 350Q engines (the Thermocon Develvo variety). I want to switch out the Carters and I thought the 1409 was plug-and-play (except for new fuel line routing). I heard recently that might not be the case.

Thoughts?

Scott

Ayuh,... The Edlebrock 1409 is a Carter Clone,....

It's a direct plug, 'n play with the Merc/ Weber carb, 'n done All the time....

On yer motors, there may, or may not be fuel line or linkage adjustments to be made...

Ok, good news, thanks. Hopefully the manifold doesn't have too many obstacles to get around. Lotta stuff piled up there on these wacky cooling systems for sure!

If the Q motor had a Carter AFB and not a Rochester or something, then the #1409 should pop right on.

I swapped one onto a 327F with good results, but had to use a wedge to make it work right. Linkage was a minor issue, and I used an inboard rated fuel hose, and Edelbrock banjo fitting direct to the carb to make things easy. Beware, the 1409 must not be pressurized over 5 psi, carter makes a nifty little electric pump that works perfectly for this because it is rated close to that and does not need a regulator.

regards,

DS

Back