Logo

318 winterize

amantinori

Contributing Member
its getting to be that time again and im looking to figure out what is going to be my plan this year for winterzation. Last year i paid the marina but they riped me off.
I have fresh water cooled dual 318s, what has to be done to winterzise them other then blow out the sea water from the risers? also im going to keep it in the water this year to save on dock fees, any advantage to just pulling it out on dry dock other then the obvious ?

Already?

Id definately fog the carbs and drain the mannys put some fresh antifreeze in, fog the distributor with a coat of something flip it back and forth a few times add some fuel stabilizer

I do it differently: Pull the coil wire, spin it over and spray fogging down the carbies. It doesn't just burn away when done like that.

Jeff

and dont forget to put the plugs back in ,thats the right way,I notice my lawn mower kept wanting to run I had to keep spraying till I fogged out the nieghborhood!

so are we saying its not necessary to pull the plugs, on mine its a hell of a job yo get to them with the manifolds in the way. not to mention i just put a set of new really expensive plugs this year.

What I and a lot of other people do is mix 2-cycle oil and stabilizer in a portable marine gas tank and hook it up to your engine. Run it off of that for awhile, long enough to get the oil thru the engine and the stabilizer thru the Carbs or injectors. Then just shut her down and your done.

Back