Logo

30HP Johnson J30RERM

ekekutioner

*THIS IS MY FIRST TIME USING A FORUM*

I have a 30HP Johnson outboard model#-J30RERM

its been sitting for a few years not sure how many, (bought from a friend who bought from a friend) when i first got in in water it was hard to start 25-30 pulls finally got it started and seem to run good wide open, but every time i stopped and went to fire up same thing 20-30 pulls to get it started ( i eventually ripped a callus open on my hand and had to call it a day) next day went out to try it again and same thing so i changed the spark plugs and went back to water and same problem only this time when trying to run wide open it seem to not have enough power so i kept the throttle low but above idle ( because it want idle and stay running long) got it out the water and determined a spark plug was loose so i blamed the lack of power on that. so tighten that up now round 3 or 4 back to the water and now i cant get it started at all, Ive talked to a couple people and they seem to believe my power pack was going bad and now has completely went out ( dont know if thats the problem or not). I'm not mechanic by any means and defiantly not a outboard mechanic but im pretty decent at turning some wrenches and have budget that is lower then poor ( so i don't wanna be replacing things i don't need to or throwing money at somethings that's not gonna get me up and running) so any ideas on what the problem is how to test it and how to fix it would be amazing thanks in advance too anyone willing to offer me some advice on this issue

Back