Logo

30hp gas hose connector

Hi,
Are you experiencing a fuel leak? Here's a link that explains how the quick connection works. Often a leak is simply because you didn't get the latch to lock on firmly.

This has a good picture of the oring.

Good luck

Hi,
Are you experiencing a fuel leak? Here's a link that explains how the quick connection works. Often a leak is simply because you didn't get the latch to lock on firmly.

This has a good picture of the oring.

Good luck
no gas leak. when i first got my motor the primer bulb would get realy hard . now no matter how hard pump the bulb stay soft. this is the second bulb and it seem to have the same promblem. i have replaced both fuel filters and the hose. the motor wants to stall under power then stops then wait and it starts agin. the water pump is pushing a lot of water so i dont think its the problem. it seem the motor is straining for fuel. cleaned out tank and only use non ethonal gas. plus use startron. so i belive it is pulling air from some where and that connector looked bad.
any ideals.
thanks so much for you swift reply
scooter

Regardless if the connector has a seal or o-ring, you would have a fuel leak clearly obvious at that connection when pumping the primer bulb.

Does the engine show any signs of flooding? If so, your primer bulb not getting hard issue could be related to a dirty/contiminated/sticking needle and seat in one of the carbs.

This could be a symptom of the tank air vent being closed or plugged up. Try running it with the fill cap loose or off (careful!) to see if the condition improves.

If not, then make sure that the tank pickup tube is in good shape and not snapped off and sucking air inside the tank.

If all that looks ok then
Alan makes a good suggestion. It makes good sense for this plus he works on the three cylinder carb models a lot. I don't.

Just want to offer you this though.

Items 19,6 and 20 in the link are the fuel feed lines from the pump to the carb inlet nipples.
You might try blocking them off, one at a time, to see if the bulb firms up. Since I've never tried this I don't know how access is or how much of a pain it would be. It's just an idea of how to find out if one or all of the carb floats might be stuck and flooding.

One other thing that might cause this, even though fairly unlikely, is that the seal inside the fuel pump is leaking and gas is escaping inside the valve cover.

If you do find the pump or the carbs are the cause, keep in mind that the engine oil will now be contaminated with gasoline so an oil and filter change should be done immediately.

Good luck and please keep updating.

This could be a symptom of the tank air vent being closed or plugged up. Try running it with the fill cap loose or off (careful!) to see if the condition improves.

If not, then make sure that the tank pickup tube is in good shape and not snapped off and sucking air inside the tank.

If all that looks ok then
Alan makes a good suggestion. It makes good sense for this plus he works on the three cylinder carb models a lot. I don't.

Just want to offer you this though.

Items 19,6 and 20 in the link are the fuel feed lines from the pump to the carb inlet nipples.
You might try blocking them off, one at a time, to see if the bulb firms up. Since I've never tried this I don't know how access is or how much of a pain it would be. It's just an idea of how to find out if one or all of the carb floats might be stuck and flooding.

One other thing that might cause this, even though fairly unlikely, is that the seal inside the fuel pump is leaking and gas is escaping inside the valve cover.

If you do find the pump or the carbs are the cause, keep in mind that the engine oil will now be contaminated with ergasoline so an oil and filter change should be done immediately.

Good luck and please keep updating.
Boy!!! You guys are really smart.Every thing y’all suggested makes real good sense. However right now I’m under the weather.
Hopefully in a few eedays I can finish my project before the hybrids stop feeding during the daylight hours. I did pull the cap off the tank and it made no difference. One question.could I take the drain screw out of the carburetors bowls and fill it with cleaner let it set then craak it through in-order to clean the needles I lied. one more question how can you tell if the oil is contaminated? I will up datr you when I have tried all you have suggested
Thanks aging
Scooter

Last edited:
Agree. Wouldn't hurt to try but don't expect it to work. And even if it does, the "fix" might not last long. If I were considering doing something like that, I would squirt some techron ll in each bowl. That stuff is pretty good at breaking up the shellac like coating gasoline can leave behind.

As far as detecting gas in the oil, you can usually smell it on the dipstick if it's bad. If the level is above where you last left it, that might be a clue too. But, to be safe, if in doubt, change it out.

Sorry it took so long to reply. you see I just turned 30 ( 41years ago). Point being health is sometimes a challenge..
GREATNEWS!!! Me an my 19 year old Honda are doing well.
Seeing how the lake where I catch hybrids is quite a distance I decided to do every thing except take it to a shop. Seems, these days, they hire anybody that can fog a mirror. Having said all that here is what I done 1. totally cleaned out the tank. 2.changed both filters. (tank and motor). 3.sparkplugs. 4.new hose(black).5. filled tank with non ethanol premium 6.put in a whole can of sea foam. 7. filled the fuel filter and the hose that runs from the intake port to the filter with b-12and put the rest of the can in the tank. Turned the motor over, with the kill switch off, just enough so I thought the b-12. had got in the carbs. let it set over night. 8. put the foot into a large garbage can of water and ran it at idle for 45 mins. 9. PRAYED REAL HARD. Took it to the lake Ran 10 mins to trolling area trolled 3 hrs. Then back to the dock. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM not one hick-up.
Hope this can help someone. Thanks to everyone for all your input. Scooter P.S. caught 6 hybrids pic attached
😇😇😇😇

Attachments

• IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 2
Back