Logo

30HP Evinrude 4 stroke

bowhunter

"I went to start my 2001 30 hp

"I went to start my 2001 30 hp evinrude 4 stroke this winter to take one of the wounded warriors that just came back from Iraq to do a little fishing and low and behold it started fine and would idle but stalled and would not accelerate. I cleaned the filters, replaced the gas, added carburetor cleaner to the fuel tank, cleaned the plugs, bought a new fuel tank hose and all the other first echelon maintenance I knew how to do.

Well I ended up taking the boat to a Marine recon boat tech and he said I had water in one of the bowls and there may be some dirt in the fuel system. After getting the boat back it idles very rough and has a hugh pause when I throttle up. It will only rep up to about 2500 rpms and then when I back off the accelerator it stalls out.

It is nowhere near what it was when I put it away for the winter. I also put fuel stabilizer in the gas tank when I stored it. I just can understand, when I put it away it ran like a champ and few months later it turned to crap. I only have maybe a total of 20 hours on the motor.

If you know any one that can help me out please put me in contact with them."

"i would say,at the least,..yo

"i would say,at the least,..you should have the carbs cleaned,and rebuilt.You need to find you a competent engine mech."

JWB Marine
I noticed last nig

JWB Marine
I noticed last night that when I apply presure to the fuel bulb that my top carb leaks gas. I have been having trouble with my engine its not reaching max rpms and feels like it is bogging down. could I have an air leak that causing this since my carb is leaking fuel. Please any help is needed.

Back