Logo

302 cobra omc fuel pump

Hey fellows Iam new to this forum and have a question I have a 1994 sunbird with a 302 cobra OMC that needs a fuel pump where is the best place to get anew one.Thanks for any information

OMC and its subsidiary Evinrude were rolled into Bombardier. Find your local Evinrude dealer for original OMC parts. They'll have access to the BRP online parts system, which is excellent. It lists dealers that have parts in stock, or they can order from Bombardier.

OMC and its subsidiary Evinrude were rolled into Bombardier. Find your local Evinrude dealer for original OMC parts. They'll have access to the BRP online parts system, which is excellent. It lists dealers that have parts in stock, or they can order from Bombardier.
Ok another question the dealer says he is having a hard time locating the fuel pump I need so why can't I make a plate on go over the opening where fuel pump was and install a 12 volt elec.fuel pump? If that will work what would the fuel pressure need to be? This may be the best way for me to fix my problem.

This may sound really stupid but have you tried our hosts? I think they have the best prices and service on the web, and they will get whatever you need. I think it's kind of skeevy to come onto a forum hosted by a parts dealer and ask where else to buy parts.

This may sound really stupid but have you tried our hosts? I think they have the best prices and service on the web, and they will get whatever you need. I think it's kind of skeevy to come onto a forum hosted by a parts dealer and ask where else to buy parts.
I have checked with this parts dealer and the part is not available as it's been everywhere I have tryed to get it so that is why I posted the question I did so if that's sleevy then so be it just trying to get my boat fixed

Not familiar with 302 cobra omc .Is that an i/o,ford engine?? Not sure but would an a car fuel pump work on a marine application??

How about just the rebuild kit to replace the diaphragm and the valves? You can get the car version of the kit if that's all you need to do.

Yes it's a I/O ford motor I have been told the marine fuel pump is a dual diaphragm fuel pump it has a vent tube that runs up into the carb if the diaphragm breaks it send the fuel into the carb. The auto fuel pump is a single diaphragm pump and if it goes bad it will pump fuel into the bottom of the boat. I sure don't want that to happen I haven't tried to get a rebuild kit for it I will give that a try if I can't find one I think Iam going to put a 12volt fuel pump on it and get to fishing.

thanks for reply,If engine stops running electric pump needs to be wired to shut off also.
That. Is correct I have used them on a race car seemed to work ok I don't see why it wouldn't work on the boat,need to check to see if I need a self regulating fuel pump or regulator to adjust the pressure

Back