Logo

3 hp problem

chrismr

Can anyone help? I have been working on a 3hp auxiliary to get it running. It has not had much use so is not worn out but is not new either. Symptom si it fires a little u won't run for long. if left it will fire briefly but not run. i have removed plug and cleaned and examined spark which looks strong and consistent. I have removed carb and cleaned and blown through jets as best I can buy mouth. I have removed fuel and replaced with fresh mix. I ahve removed reed block and checked and cleaned. In all this I have not found anything obviously wrong. But no change to problem. After many attempts to start and run there is some black oil showing up at the exhaust outlet. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. One question I have is could fuel have run into the engine and evaporated down to oil remaining in the crank case? I am not a complete idiot but am at my wits end. Again help appreciated.

I believe that is a fairly generic motor and marketed by more than one company.----------I would revisit the carburetor cleaning or have it cleaned by a shop.------------Mercury / Johnson / Yamaha are all the same I think.

Back