Logo

3.0 LX/ alpha genII outdrive.

dave k

Hello, I'm not new to this forum but had to change my registration as my email changed. I'm interested in this set up and looking for input, ideas or suggestions about it. TY, Dave

1995 Bayilner Capri Cuddy is the boat, sorry I didn't make that clear in the title.

I'm trying to find out if this is a good power plant and outdrive?

TY, Dave

Not enough information............

how long is the boat?

Bayliner tends to biuld larger boats with smaller power for lower pricing.

If your boat is over 20 ft long then a 4 cyclinder motor will be marginal to say the least. If you are just going to put around and slow criuse then it may be OK.

My rule of thumb.

15-17ft boat....typically open bow style.................4 cyclinder motor.

17-19 ft open bow to small cuddy, closed bow......................V6 motor

19 -22 ft open bow and small to medium cuddy........Small block V8 305, 350, and newer versions (LS1 style) alpha I gen II or Bravo I, II , III

21-24 ft larger biuld boats open bow and cuddy........Big block, 454 bravo I, II, III.........Also a small block 350 higher horse power versions with a bravo II outdrive.

Good concept on boat size and power. This is a 19' Bayliner, 2170lbs dry.

This power plant should work for me. My previous cuddy was used mostly for staying on it thru weekends.

If I skied or pulled tubes i'd look for more power or a smaller boat

If you are not expecting hole shot performeance or high top end speeds and not pulling skiers and tubes and only using for cruising around and enjoying a cold beverage then this will be a good and ecnomically performing boat. The 4 cyl will give you good fuel economy....

Back