Logo

25HP Mariner, upgrading to non-factory tilt...

PontoonLoon

I believe my motor harness connector is 7 pin. Is there a larger pin count connector that can fit in the same spot, or fit with minor grinding at least?

I'd like to add tilt up/ tilt down, and 2 other custom signals I create inside the engine cover. One is a clean digital RPM signal, the other is a custom water wheel measuring the tell-tale discharge speed. With a new impeller these two signals are recorded at various RPM and saved as reference values. During normal operation the controller will sound an alarm if the water stream speed is 10% less than the stored reference figures.

The controller also provides quick trim presets, (Out) button tilts clear of the water, (In) tilts to the maximum tilt allowed with the water pickup still safely drawing water, and (Cruise) tilts to the optimal angle for open water travel.

Obviously I can drill holes to accomplish whatever I want, but if I can adapt a higher wire count connector pair that would be much cleaner and less "hackish".

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
Doesn't have to be inside the connector. On Commander 2000 and 3000 control operated engines like the 75 thru 125 2 stroke 3 and 4 cylinder engines, the PTT control wiring...blue and green wires are not in the harness nor the 8 pin connector....they are attached externally with zip ties.

Back