Logo

25 yamaha

jay

" i have a c-25 yamaha, and i

" i have a c-25 yamaha, and i looked in my service manny, and i cant find the idle set screw...where would this be...my motor seems to be idle smooth, but not smooth enough at slow speed..and how would i do that...idle in the slip and out for leaner and in for richer? thanks "

"Jay,

Yamahas frequently id

"Jay,

Yamahas frequently idle a bit rough. You may not be able to get it to smooth out.

I would suggest that you try the air adjustment. This screw is on the front of the carb, just above the bore. It controls the air used for low speed operation. Turn it in until it seats lightly, and count the number of turns. This way you will always be able to start over again if you need to.

It might help to clean the low speed jet also. This screws into the carb body on the port side. The low speed orifice is very tiny on Yamahas, so it doesn't take much to clog it.

I will look through the Yamaha books that I have and see if there is anything else that you might do. I think these 25HP engines all use the same carb, but I'm not sure. There are quite a few "C" 25's through the nineties. The exact model and serial number might help me identify your engine more precisely.

"

" Hi,my motor is a c-25, 25 hp

" Hi,my motor is a c-25, 25 hp. yamaha..it is a 1993, and i dont remember off hand what the serial # is.. , but i took my lunch today and i went to the library and did a little research..i found the idle screw, but it was for just a plain 25 hp yamaha.i think the years were 1996-1998..does this make a difference? i will try the idle screw when the wind and water dies down a little...thanks "

" Jay,

The carb should be t

" Jay,

The carb should be the same for both engines, but I will try to check that out today and get back to you. "

" thanks tony, i will test it

" thanks tony, i will test it out on my boat tonight, and get back. "

Back