Logo

25 mercury will not turn over

crumpton

will deep cell battery start 25 mercury outboard engine?? fuel level gage works, pumps work, voltage gage shows no voltage, battery voltage shows 12.3 volts, engine will not turn over. any thoughts.... does deep cell battery have enough starting amps??

Model # is ?----Does starter engage and try and turn the flywheel?
Model number 25ELPT 45. Does not engage nor try to engage. Strange, with key on, power gage shows no movement, fuel gage goes to full, pumps work, motor trim works. It is as if no power going to starter to engage fly wheel.

Move the shift handle into gear and then back into neutral...could be the safety switch isn't making contact...

will deep cell battery start 25 mercury outboard engine?? fuel level gage works, pumps work, voltage gage shows no voltage, battery voltage shows 12.3 volts, engine will not turn over. any thoughts.... does deep cell battery have enough starting amps??
I have the same problem with a 75 horsepower, I am watching this post. Do you have power at the starter check with a multimeter to see. Not trying to hijack your thread, I have posted my own thread. But if you haven't put a multimeter on your starter I think that would be the first place to start. As always just my opinion

Back