Logo

25 hp eveinrude throttle problems

cosmo1

hi guys after some more advise please on my boat have 2 levers for remote control 1 for gears and 1 for throttle...........now problem is have just put new thermostat in and taken carb off and cleaned bowl out and now

(A) when i push throttle forward to start and pull the starter rope the lever comes back to the closed position and it seems to be the plate under the flywheel thats doing this,the one with the gap in it for the neutral switch to poke through

(B) did get it to run last night but ran like a bag of rrrrrrssssss holes and just wondering if timing could be out.
cheers for any help much appreciated

cheers for that,thats what i have been looking for,actually have a manual but its the proper workshop one and trying to work through it,was reading about the carb set and wondering if that was it but you actually explained it a lot better than the book thanks again

cheers have conseded defeat and took it in to a mechanic now hes claiming that its the throttle linkage thats the problem now i have got it down to the gears to try and get it apart and the screw that seems to hold the side gear on i cant get that off.any hints please

Back