Logo

2016 30 hp merc, no pee stream

Manic Mike

Greetings All,
I have a 30 hp Fuel injected from 2016 that has no Pee Stream (I have no better term for this one). It sits in Fresh water and gets idled around every day; unfortunately it can not run faster than 5 mph. After no maintenance for 7 years, the owner needed it fixed a week before Memorial day o_O. Inspection/repairs so far include:

New water pump (they did it, we checked it)
Thermo-stat, cover and port for exhaust/pee stream, side cover on drive housing, clogged/cleaned or repaired
Fairly thorough inspection of outboard.

While we are not a Marine Repair shop, we are mechanic's who specialize in problems and I have maintained fleets of small Merc outboards for 30 years; but not the 30 hp Mercs. I am waiting on the manual, but I thought I would check in and see if anyone has any suggestions on this. It looks like there is a clog somewhere inside.
Yours,
Manic Mike

Good one to check, but the motor is used daily, so there is little chance at getting set up in there. However they do like building around our house.
Mike

Well disconnect the hose at the exhaust water jacket housing fitting and see if it squirts there. If it doesn't remove the fitting and check that the hole isn't clogged by weeds or scale or sand or other crud.

Back