Logo

2014 Tracker Deep V w/60HP 4-stroke - Random beeps

mbrang00

Greetings from SW Texas

TL'DR
Picked up a 2014 boat from dad with 6.9 hrs on it. it sat for 5 years. replaced fuel and fuel pump to get it running. Runs great but beeps. What can I do?

My dad gave me his boat (2014 Tracker Pro Guide 16SC Deep V- w/ 60HP tracker.
The boat and Motor only had 6.9 hours on it. He bought it new and took it out 3 times then let it sit however he did flush the fuel tank out once during that time.

After replacing batteries, it would not start. Fuel had mild odor, Ive smelled worse but I drained the fuel tank, no debris but had slight odor. Refilled with new non-eth fuel. Still no start.
Opened VST, and diagnosed bad high Pressure Fuel Pump. Replaced the pump along with fuel line & bulb, ops ck good. Started right up and purrs like a kitten. Smooth.

But, I am getting random beeps. I launched it on lake to run it out a little and continued to get random beeps. Sometimes in short intervals, and other times in longer intervals. no discernable beep pattern.

Engine ran fine the entire time, no sluggishness, no hiccups, no surging...other than the random beeps, i would have thought it was perfect. Boat got on plane and cruised to 32Mph - Ran it around on Amistad lake for about an hour, no change.

Down the YouTube rabbit hole, found a video of a guy checking the screen behind the fuel pressure regulator in the VST, so i took it back out, opened it up, and removed the the regulator, however, there is/was no strainer where it was supposed to be. I'm the only one that has been inside it and this was the first time I removed the regulator. Factory fuel clamps were still on all the fuel lines before i first got into it.

I'm at a loss, not sure that I'm really having a fuel problem because the engine seems to be running fine. Not sure if I should have had a fuel strainer behind the regulator, and not sure what else I can/should check.

Other observations, Motor is peeing very well, solid steady stream out the back. Oil level is good, oil is still clean. Fuel filters are flowing fuel fine, i reverse flushed the inline filter to the injectors, it shot a 5 foot stream of fuel out so it seems to be flowing quite well.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Back