Logo

2014 Mercury Four Stroke Serious Hesitation at 3,000 RPMS, problem stops after anchor and return

I am having the same problem with my 2017 Merc 115HP 4 stroke. It happens between 2500 to 3500 rpm. I have changed the wires , spark plugs, filters and fuel. I have tested the fuel system for water and there is none. We are thinking about changing fuel pumps. Had the local service dept, look at it from 2018 through to 2020. It worked great in the shop, but as soon as I started boating an hour and a half into my trip it started again. It is good above and below the 25 and 35 K RPM ..no issues as long as I stay out of the trouble zone

I having the same problem with a 2017 Mercury 115 4 Stroke outboard, serial 2B42956 that I purchased new in 2017. For the first 4 years,I was told that it's related to the temperature switch, causing the motor to act improperly, water in the take, oil separator, engine fuels pumps, etc. I spent over 4 grand on repairs and parts. My profession is a Marine Mechanical engineer, and I worked in the Canadian Navy as a Power operator/diesel Mech and then as a Marine Engineer. Here is a link that shows the engine malfunctioning.

I sent a letter to the Canadian HQ explaining my problem. The local dealer here in Fredericton NB, Canada, Patterson's RV Sales, tried hard to solve the problem, and after 4 years, I had to write the Sales director for North America. He sent a Subject Matter Expert from their plant in Wisconsin, who replaced an electrical harness on the motor, but that the engine failed after 2 trips out on the water. Now Pattersons (the local) dealer will not take the motor in on a trade, as they call it a dud. Mercury HQ will not respond to my letter .. See attached.

Attachments

• Mercury Motor Letter2.pdf
    93.8 KB · Views: 1
Back