Logo

2013 25 hp 4stroke efi.. bogging down 2 seconds runs fine 2 seconds??

Timbodiesel

took boat to river last week ,,starts fine,idles fine,runs under load fine at idle,then 1/4,1/2.3/4 or wot runs to get on plane then bogs{not stalling}then assumes running correctly..let off throttle then repeats problem..only non ethanol fuel ran through it..never had this issue since i had boat 3 years..replaced silver fuel line with new real auto fuel line..left off fuel demand valve still same problem,,going to change plugs{even though they were goodish,a little oil around last thread} would appreciate any input before i buy an expensive new fuel pump,,thanks in advance

Correct me if I'm wrong. But mercury had a service bulletin about the 25hp efi running issues. The correction was a new ground wire from the ecm ground wire to the starter bracket. The ecm ground wire is next to the starter, all the small ground wires are in that bunch.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But mercury had a service bulletin about the 25hp efi running issues. The correction was a new ground wire from the ecm ground wire to the starter bracket. The ecm ground wire is next to the starter, all the small ground wires are in that bunch.
i will have to look it up..appreciate the input.

Back