Logo

2011 115 merc 4 stroke efi float switch

53Powell

I have a 2011 Merc 115 hp 4 stroke EFI with 47 hrs Motor runs great, and idles great Last time out this week i recvd a warning alarm at low speed ( 10 mph or so maybe 15 mph Warning alarm is steady and about 15 sec long I dont have temp gauges Party Barge 24 Tracker Recvd warning everytime would shut engine and appx 10 to 15 mph would recv this alarm????? Cked water discharge and was strong steady stream at all speeds and idle Ckd oil and filters all ok Just had full service done in Aug 2016 impeller and fluids and motor had 45 hrs at that time Only used once since then Motor is out of warranty by 6 months Dang it Motor at Mercury dealer now for alarm issue Dealer very very reputable and i have had boat service there and boat work several times just have'nt had a chance to use it much Dealer and Mercury techs did diagnostic and says it a float switch issue giving alarm???? I guess its a electronic thing ???? $400.00 for a float switch part only Dealer says its a complete unit ??? Dealer ran codes with Mecr tech and this is what they come up with Sure hope this solves problem Labor charge ???? Does anybody out there have a problem such as this or know about a electronic float switch complete Motor runs perfect and fluids ok no overheat issue according to dealer New impeller 2 hrs old What the heck?????

I had same issue with a 2011 90 Merc 4 Stroke efi. it would idle great on the hose but when I took it out it wouldn't run on a launch. Took it to local place and they replaced float switch. I only have 57 hours on my motor too. So I hope it fixed my issue since it is pretty much like new still

Back