Logo

2010 mercury optimax misfire

JONTEMPLAR

Have an issue with my 115 hp optimax misfiring after warm up.At least it was initially after warm-up.now it’s all the time.I recently had it into a local marine shop and they tested everything under the sun to the tune of $762.seems to be an electrical issue of some sort. The misfire is common among all three cylinders, the fuel and air pressure were checked, the fuel supply was switched over to a fresh tank.so far no success on finding the issue. They informed me that the ECM cannot be benched tested.they had no ECM to swap with the current ECM for testing purposes. Has anyone else had mis fire issues with their optimax? I’m about at my Witt’s end with this thing. The only thing that changed is over the course of the winter I pulled it into my shop and relocated the battery to the front of the boat thus adding cable length and a kill switch.I used 4awg cable and soldered all connections.Before my last test on the river I cut the cables back down to around 5’ and went right to the battery. No luck.The battery is a 1000 CCA interstate about two yrs old.Is there a chance I fried the ecm some how?? So frustrating.

Back