Logo

2010 350 Mag MPI bravo 3 gaurdian mode issue. 5% power

chs

Contributing Member
hi all, i have a boat that is going into gaurdian mode under load over 3000rpm, then when you pull back on the throttle, it goes back to 100%. the rinda says gaurdian cause: exhaust co. now i do not know if it is actually CO or that is as much of the word that would fit on the screen. there are no codes other than the standard 4 unused ones. the smartcraft is giving an error code 61. this issue happens every time once it is warmed up. all the periferals look ok to me. the engine serial # is 1a614556
any help is appreciated

What do you mean when you say "then when you pull back on the throttle, it goes back to 100%." Please explain. What goes back to 100%?

What do you mean when you say "then when you pull back on the throttle, it goes back to 100%." Please explain. What goes back to 100%?
when the thottle is pulled back to Neutral, the available power goes back to 100% on the scanner

The A1 G2 has an "in gear" switch that stops it from revving beyond 3000 rpms when in neutral, at least this is what I've read. I'm told it can malfunction and think it's in neutral when it's not. I disconnected mine because I'm not dumb enough to rev it that hard with no load anyway. The ECM doesn't care if it's plugged in. Don't know if the Bravo 3 has it.

The A1 G2 has an "in gear" switch that stops it from revving beyond 3000 rpms when in neutral, at least this is what I've read. I'm told it can malfunction and think it's in neutral when it's not. I disconnected mine because I'm not dumb enough to rev it that hard with no load anyway. The ECM doesn't care if it's plugged in. Don't know if the Bravo 3 has it.
thanks, ill look into that.
do you know what it looks like or where its located?

On my alpha 2 it's located right close to the shift interrupt switch which is attached to the shift plate that's attached to the starboard exhaust elbow. Sorry don't have a pic.

Back