Logo

2010 20 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke, Will crank and run tilted all the way up, but wont start tilted down.

skiffmarlin33

Motor will crank and run when tilted up all the way, but as soon I tilt it down it dies. It will not crank either when tilted all the way down in running position. I emptied the gas tank because that was my first thought was bad gas, and their was a significant amount of water in the bottom of the tank. Have changed gas (ethanol free as always),put seafoam in new gas, checked the filter, emptied it, and still same result. Was beginning to think fuel pump, but I have no idea, not very mechanically inclined and baffled.

Thanks. Unscrewed carb drain plug, drained it. Then put it back in, pumped the bulb, and she fired right up, and is running fine. Should i take any further action?

run it....if you let it set for considerable time between uses then get a good gas additive and either have a full or empty tank when you store it...I use the stuff sold by most mercury dealers...additive(color blue) and cleaner(color yellow)..... its not cheap but it goes a long way if mixed as directed..

Back