Logo

2008 F250BTXR trim and start switches

blkbrt

Neither trim switch or start switch work. The trim motor works by applying leads to battery. The starter works by jumping battery cable to solenoid. Are all three switches interlocked some where? All three failed at the same time.

Just so were on the same page....the trim switch you're referring to is the thumb switch located on the remote controls throttle lever? The "start switch" you're referring to is the keyed ignition?

Thanks for answering. The motor ran fine. When I got home, the trim switches and the start switch did not function. No clicks nothing. All three switches failed at the same time. I got the motor down by leaking the fluid and proceeded to check. So far, 13.5v at the motor, all fuses, ptt solenoid and start motor. Checked the trim motor by connecting to battery. Runs fine. Checked start motor by jumping solenoid to battery line. It fires up. Still no action from start switch, the trim switch on the motor nor the trim switch in the throttle quad.

Sounds like the cable from the engine to your console and controls may have an issue. Start with a meter and check the lines from the switches to see if the lines are intact to the motor. also check all points on the main cable to make sure there are no hot spots (short) or serious kinks that may have caused a break in the wires. I would also check your kill switch again look for continuity when you have the clip in place.

Back