Logo

2007 Mercury 225 efi cylinders 1,3 and 5 not firing. Need help

Addy

Hi. My first time in the forum. I have twin 2007 Mercury 225 efi 2 strokes on a 33ft Donzi. Recently installed a new power block in one of the engines. Since the installation, cylinder 1,3 and 5 are not firing. Checked, there is current being supplied to the plugs. Engine stalls at idle. WOT rpm has reduced to 4200 only. Need help pls.

I don't know the engine but if it's a V then you should have 2 control modules or alike, they normally supply 1,3,5, and 2,4,6 so either you have no earth on one of those modules or something wrong with the harness on that module. Also possible faulty module but less likely. Check harness and make sure reconnected correctly.

Thanks for the prompt response. My engine has one ECM, which we swapped with the other engine. It's working fine. We even cleaned and refit the harness. Still no improvement.

Another suggestion from a technical expert is to check the timing with a timing gun, which we plan to do during the weekend.

Might be, but the fact 1,3,5 are not working suggests the module, harness, earth or connector. If you only have one Mod then personally I would check the stator and trigger if it has one, sometimes it is possible to put the stator back to front and therefor only one side will get HT. Like I said I don't know your motor, these are just basic things to check.

Good Luck.

Back