Logo

2007 Bf115. Runs but has issues. HELP!

bevo311

2007 bf 115 on my pontoon. Engine will start up and idle fine, can get it up on plane and run for a bit and runs good. Then all of a sudden the engine will start to spudder and stall and the more throttle you give it the worse it runs untill eventually it will barely idle and run. In order to try and fix this i have:
-cleaned gas tank and added fresh gas
-cleaned or replaced all fuel filters
-cleaned vst and replaced hp filter section with fresh o rings and holder
-new ignition coils
-new spark plugs
-new fuel line from tank to motor
-Removed and clean fuel injectors

What else could be going on? The motor runs decent for a period of time then just seems like it is starving for fuel but at the same time wont take fuel. I also have a low pressure fuel pump coming in the mail and if that dosent work then i am all out of ideas. Thanks for any and all help!

I don't know a thing about the BF 115, BUT, my very first reaction is that you may have a clogged air vent to the fuel tank. Next time that happens, loosen the cap to the fuel tank so air can get in and see if that clears it up. If so, run a long piece of monofilament (like from a weed wacker) all the way down the vent into the tank.

If that doesn't work, run the engine until it starts to falter and feel the primer bulb. If it is partially collapsed, then either your pick-up tube in the fuel tank is clogged, or the check valve in the bulb itself has failed. If bulb not partially collapsed, squeeze it vigorously a bunch of times and see if that clears it up. If so, you may have a failing low pressure fuel pump.

I don't know a thing about the BF 115, BUT, my very first reaction is that you may have a clogged air vent to the fuel tank. Next time that happens, loosen the cap to the fuel tank so air can get in and see if that clears it up. If so, run a long piece of monofilament (like from a weed wacker) all the way down the vent into the tank.

If that doesn't work, run the engine until it starts to falter and feel the primer bulb. If it is partially collapsed, then either your pick-up tube in the fuel tank is clogged, or the check valve in the bulb itself has failed. If bulb not partially collapsed, squeeze it vigorously a bunch of times and see if that clears it up. If so, you may have a failing low pressure fuel pump.
Thank you for the ideas. I forgot to mention that i also tried an auxiliary tank to take the factory tank and tube out of the equation of possible problems and i had the same result. Checking the primer bulb when it starts to faulter is a great idea and will do that for sure.

Back