Logo

2006 Johnson 15 hp fuel pump

jononshag

There is nothing on the internet, that i can find, about changing the fuel pump on a 2006 15 hp Johnson. How does one get to the 2 lower screws that hold the fuel pump to the engine. All older motors, it seems like the screws are very accessible, by taking off the hood. Not so with a 2006.
Does the lower cover have to come completely off? If so, how is this done.
It would be nice to find instructions for this task on a Johnson motor that is in a vintage year newer than 2000.

Those pumps are very simple and very reliable.-----What is your motor doing / not doing ?-----What trouble shooting has been done ?

Pump is spurting fuel out of the back of the fuel pump. All screws have been tightened. It needs a new pump. My question remains: Do i have to take off the lower cover and how to do this, to get to the lower screws of the pump.
Thanks, Jon

Just looked at a 96 or 97 model.-----Yes , remove the side cover.----Some will argue but I would repair that pump.-----Of course I have any and all parts for that pump on hand.

A 96 and 97 do not have the same cover as a 2006. From what I have seen on you tube, you don't have to remove the lower cover to get at the fuel pump. It's right there and easy to get to the attachment screws.

Back