Logo

2006 Honda bf90 power loss - fuel pump???

davidbarfleur

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I have power loss when cruising and is getting first, feels and sounds like fuel issue. Have tracked and checked the fuel system, changed filters and had the vst apart, ran from separate tank and still no good.
Have read about an issue with the low pressure fuel pump, could this be the fault?
Does anyone have any experience in these pumps?

Thanks

Hi,
Sorry no one has answered you yet. I don't have any experience with this outboard and I'm getting back to you to let you know that you're not being ignored. People ARE reading your post but it appears everyone is waiting for someone that knows something about these to help you.

As far as testing procedures, you're probably going to need a shop manual. Do you have one? If so, have you tried pulling codes?

One thing that seems to cause power complaints on Honda EFI engines is a bad oxygen sensor. Also, it seems that it can happen without logging a code but it's probably wise to see if any are stored.

I'm not saying that's the likely cause but just bringing up the possibility so you can consider that going forward.

Here's hoping you can get it sorted out.

Good luck.

Back