Logo

2006 Honda BF225 Beeps warning

HenryTayninh

Hi Captains,
Last weekend I took the boat out and it beeping after start up. After a while it still beeps then I turned it off, then start back up it gone.
I drove around it was fine, but occasionally it beeps again at idle. After searching around and most people say it most likely the O2 sensor.
Any of you have this similar issue? Any recommendation where do you start?
Engine: BAGJ-140067x
560hrs, I have been own it almost a year, previous owner said he serviced at dealer and maintenance are up to date (but no receipts whatsoever).
I did replace the fuel filter, water separator thing, thermostats, and sparkplugs.
I have the impeller, but not have time to replace yet, so far the tail tail water coming out strong though.
(If it's an o2 sensor issue, I want to replace it myself too).
Thanks
Henry

Is the alarm constant, long beeps (once per second) or short beeps (2 per second?)

If you have the four-light key switch, see the first attachment to determine where to look.

Pull fault codes. The second attachment tells you how. The third attachment tells you what the fault codes mean. Come back and tell us what you find.

Attachments

• BF 225 Alarms.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 6
  • Procedure for Getting Fault Codes.pdf
    189.6 KB · Views: 4
  • MIL Fault Codes Scanned.pdf
    85.1 KB · Views: 4
Thank you so much chawk_man.
I have the four-light key switch. (post back here for my reference later)
red = coolant temperature;
green = oil pressure;
red = alternator output;
red = malfunction indicator light (MIL.) or check engine light.
I remember the "check engine" (MIL) light was on, but since I have to move the boat out of the dock for others to use the dock, I didn't look long enough to see if the light stay on or blinking.
For the beeps, it was like 2 seconds intervals.
I will take her out again then record the issue to see exactly what it was then post back here.

Thanks again and Happy Easter!

I took the boat out this afternoon and it doesn’t beep anymore. Spent few hours on the water with idle speed and a few stop and go, nothing happened.
If it happens again I will post back.
Thanks all.

Back