Logo

2006 Honda 150

I took the 150 off of my boat, took it to a certified Honda service dept on another island and had it rebuilt ($7500). Picked it up and put it back on the bracket. Hooked up the shift and throttle linkage. I remember (I think) adjusting or loosening or tightening the connection between the Honda control stick linkage on the left side (facing motor front) and the throttle body on the right side.

Am I correct that there is a physical rod that connects the two. I put the boat in the water and have tried to get it up on plane but it wont get there. The motor under full throttle coming out from a dead start will not get up. Motor will not go over 3600-3800 rpms and thats just not enough to get up.

Its been 3 yrs since I re-installed the motor to the boat and cant seem to find a diagram that actually shows the linkage between the 2 points. Is there an adjustment to increase rpm at the throttle body or am i wrong.

Thank you;

please help, contact me at-----

[email protected]

Lopez Island, Wa

No Jimmy,if you had no link it wouldn't get above idle. Must be more to it, open throttle fully and check the throttle actuator is fully against tge stop on the throttle body.If so, there's something else wrong.

pACjLqw4m-br6QbvDwTYX-RdoBY-srp5NlxTvQRouEwcrfxr8HYWS96x0P1Tucy0gsnbzu3Vlc_-Zeedcp7PSQAMM4aW_X1m2f7UMepMI-V2IHm4BZ342yMakwINzQIh1kI296ENYuC5RQvms_vgkQn0APhOajCbUJ2AKB34R41Z1VF0vHZhAZJkf_KSeGmd0diGUdvUFu_TVc0kv2IxJrY-gErj3I3tfOoHU2Ju-F-oQ1NdPewJzUhkixUuYlctP571JNWGY1F50sYW-izh69AMOyBhlV3DFQw2IWonvZoBal6Dcw1nhf_qCHaWN8xk_X8wPgpwjsraMWuFA93r3cENV65vdgeB_9LCioZE-xuOIMlecjIYsKq7nLgyZ6kjvmeQUCB3QCI5baxeTA1iC6WJLxpghpHOzE3sd89681GXl5Vsmg8FUSzv_-0Q9zyh-uY0-ItO7SBEWAGJKsGmQLo-e7alw8qVgiqPCG8FuAYGJYvfoyAtRssy8HTmrNOTyxacyqE_QtsKuTqyd9a_UzHM0NDzubRhA2mndulhwYg11sn_xHzL3M_QVwTq8R8SDP3SyXQXISB2kEJJRTQ9khUXNRqej0tt0EUZk3tkNArOZKqPcS86DPsyDH9jNpYNB3fMu6n0EXtqEANdZpWuXQYJZMzLSiOsVIRKkAGbQtlZblckYLio-ECfDGnML30HXg957lEsfE_h_3n1LQPF2bwn=w684-h1215-no

The boat is now out of the water till spring. I have a boat launch near my home on the island. I will locate the rod that connects to the throttle body and adjust the slack out of it as it meets the throttle slide that is on the motor and connects to the side mounted Honda control in the cabin. I have been doing to many things and also some health issues over the past couple years. Sounds simple to you i'm sure but I have never worked on an outboard and when i loosend up the controls on the motor that come from the control handle, I vaguely remember thinking that I needed to loosen them up on the other side of the motor at the throttle body. I will tighten the cable up and hopefully that will allow more rpms to get the boat up on plane and cruise. Might take a few adjusments, but I'm hoping it will work.

I'll keep you informed, you are the best--- again----

Jimmy [email protected] Lopez Island Washington (San Juan Islands)

Back