Logo

2006 BF225 Intake Manifold Cover Diaphragm P/N ID

You will have to try outboard wreckers although they to will probably want to sell it with the cover plate, it is a bit stupid not being able to get the diaphragm separately.

Just re reading your post, the only way to test the diaphragm is to apply vacuum and see if it holds, suck on the pipe and hold vacuum with your tongue, I have yet to see one fail and I work on these motors a lot, the butterfly spindle usually seizes and this can be fixed by dismantling it all, cleaning and greasing the shaft.

Agree with Ian on the testing. Remove vacuum hose. With diaphragm arm still attached to the spring-loaded shaft of the IAB, use needle nose pliers to push diaphragm arm into the diaphragm. Place finger over vacuum outlet and let go of the diaphragm arm. Arm should come out a bit, put then stay in place until you pull finger off the tube. If diaphragm arm won't hold or starts creeping out, then it's leaking.

The diaphragm is not a separate part. And yes, that is seriously stupid on Honda's part. However, I doubt that diaphragm is unique to this engine, so I would search around the Internet for a look alike. Or, if there is a Honda dealership available, take it to the parts desk and see if they can find a match. For example, look up Honda part number 17129-P72-000, which is for an Accra and looks fairly similar.

Don't ask why I know all this!

Back