Logo

2006 bf225 225hp ?

tx2step

I have a 2006 BF225 and it keeps blowing fuse #2 on the block,any idea what's gone wrong.I would say I have something wired wrong but it's all been plug and play!Any help at all would be apreciated.

Re: 2006 bf225 ?

As you face the fuse box, counting from left to right, the 2nd fuse is for the fuel pump (which one, the shop manual doen't say, but I think that is for the low pressure pump.) If the engine continues to run with the blown fuse, you have a short in the wiring between the fuse and the fuel pump, or a short in the fuse box. If the engine does not run with the fuse blown, you have a short from the fuse box to the fuel pump, or a bad fuel pump. I would start by thoroughly cleaning all the connectors.

Re: 2006 bf225 ?

If your high pressure fuel pump is locked up, it will generally blow that fuse. A simple check to see if the fuel pump is the problem is to find the wire coming out the top of the vapor separator and follow it to its connector. Disconnect the connector. That will take the pump out of the circuit. If the fuse does not blow after you do that, then the problem is most likely the pump.

Next most likely, would be an internal short in the main power relay assembly...which houses the fuel pump relay.

Mike

You probably ought to invest in a Helm shop manual. In the long run, you will fined the $116 dollars is a good investment.

I AGREE 100%%%%%%

Back