Logo

2006 6.2 MPI wireing harness question

Ewhitehead

Recently replaced blown head gasket on above engine and am having trouble figureing out which plug plugs into Dist. The Dist. has a 3 prong male coming out of the sensor and the plug I think that should plug in the sensor is also a 3 prong female plug with 3 wires a solid gray, Black w/pruple tracer and a tan w/ black tracer. Hower the plastic inside of each plug is made different and will not mate up. This is the only plug i can find in the harness that is anywhere near the dist. plug. Anyone have any ideas.........? Thanks

Somebody didn't mark the connections when they disassembled the engine...

If the three wires going into the connector are Grey, Black with a PINK tracer, and Tan with a Black tracer, it goes to the CPS, not the distributor... I don't think anything goes into the distributor (module) ...

Somebody didn't mark the connections when they disassembled the engine...

If the three wires going into the connector are Grey, Black with a PINK tracer, and Tan with a Black tracer, it goes to the CPS, not the distributor... I don't think anything goes into the distributor (module) ...

Thanks for the info!! Your right wiring harness should have been labeled but was not be that as it may the three wires are as you describe so they must go to the CPS but what is the CPS and do you know where it is located? I have looked over engine and cannot see where this female connecter would connect! This is a short harness coming off the main harness in the alternater area it is approx. 12 to 16 " long. Thank you again for your help!!

Thanks for the info!! Your right wiring harness should have been labeled but was not be that as it may the three wires are as you describe so they must go to the CPS but what is the CPS and do you know where it is located? I have looked over engine and cannot see where this female connecter would connect! This is a short harness coming off the main harness in the alternater area it is approx. 12 to 16 " long. Thank you again for your help!!

I figured it out cranshaft position sensor plugs in front of engine. Your help was most appreciated.

Back