Logo

2005 Honda 226 Buzzer

As you know from a previous post I have had issues with motor cutting out when I got to about 3500 rpm on start up out of the hole. It was suggested to change all the filters which I did but did not fix the issue. I started at the bulb and replaced it then the low side fuel pump, then the high side fuel pump. I also removed the VST tank and opened it up measured the float, which was OK also. I replaced the vacuum control that sits on the top of the port side injector rail also. In going thru the fuel system I have not seen any water, grime or particles anywhere. Last night I pulled the fuel water seperator apart and cleaned it also. Now for the new issue. I hooked the engine up to the water cups and started it. It idled fine for a few minutes then I got a intermittent beep with the green oil light on. If I start it and run the RPM’s at say 2000 no lights. This is the first time I have had this error. Did I possibly not hook something up right?

Just an update. Started the engine back up a few hrs later with the cups on. Let it run for about 10 minutes and no alarm, go figure. Maybe a sensor is going out?

You will get an overheat alarm whenever you run the 225 on muffs, unless you have extraordinary water pressure. Normally, the muffs will not provide enough water to cool the beast, even the best ones you can buy.

Back