Logo

2005 E90DPLSOR leaking oil

grimesinma

My 2005 90HP ETEC engine (E90DPSLOR) is leaking 2-cycle oil. Any place to suggest looking for the source of the leak? What are the chances that I can replace something easy such as the oil tank and fix it with the motor still mounted on the boat? I am good with repairs and have lots of tools but I do not have the equipment to remove the motor and a shop to effect any major repair. One other thing, a couple of years ago it was frequently throwing low oil level faults and the oil pump was replaced which fixed the problem. I suspect that today's leak may have something to do with that repair. I am trying to avoid having the boat taken out of the water and the motor repaired $$$$$. Thanks in advance.

After a bit of research I see that there was a service bulletin issued for this part (Bulletin 2006-02(P)). The replacement is a part number 5007253 which I now have on order. I hope; (a) that this is the right part for my motor, and (b) I can replace this using my hand tools from the dock side. Wish me luck and let me know if there is anything that I should know about this repair.

i have done this repair, on a 05 90 hp. I had a bit of trouble with removing the pump from the 2" hole at the top of the tank. That rubber grommet is tough to get out, and tough to replace. You have to get it properly pushed back in,and then install the suppied oetiker clamp. If you tighten the oetiker clamp too tight, the rubber grommet pushes back out. The rest of it is just keepimg track of the oil hose placement and a few bolts.

Back