Logo

2005 bf150

Brisa

2005 BF150 ran fine 2 weeks ago. Tried to start and no beeps or red lights at key on. Motor cranks but doesn't start. Fresh batteries and fuel. Any help is much appreciated

You'll need to determine what's missing in the equation. Fuel or spark...or both.

Check all the fuses right off. I don't have your wire diagram so I can't tell you which specific ones to focus on.

Have someone turn the key to the run position while you listen for the fuel pump motor to run for a couple of seconds. If it doesn't run then you'll have a direction to start investigating.

If the fuel pump runs briefly it's no guarantee that all is well with the fuel system but I would then be checking for spark before assuming anything else at first.

If she has spark, then it's back to more thorough checking for a fuel delivery problem.

Hopefully someone else here can give you more in depth troubleshooting instructions for this outboard.

Good luck.

You'll need to determine what's missing in the equation. Fuel or spark...or both.

Check all the fuses right off. I don't have your wire diagram so I can't tell you which specific ones to focus on.

Have someone turn the key to the run position while you listen for the fuel pump motor to run for a couple of seconds. If it doesn't run then you'll have a direction to start investigating.

If the fuel pump runs briefly it's no guarantee that all is well with the fuel system but I would then be checking for spark before assuming anything else at first.

If she has spark, then it's back to more thorough checking for a fuel delivery problem.

Hopefully someone else here can give you more in depth troubleshooting instructions for this outboard.

Good luck.

Thank you much appreciated

If your main fuses check out OK, there is an in-line fuse on most of the Honda harnesses to the console. Find and check that one, too.

Back