Logo

2005 BF 200 won't start

JJP301

here's some history. Last year the ignition went dead I found the battery cable eaten apart. It seem there are three cables in the ribbon. I put the cable together with a high amp connector

Then I had the problem with the engine not getting fuel. Found collapsing fuel line.

Next the O2 sensor alarm so I replaced the sensor

Engine starter solenoid clicked. So I replaced the starter OK for a week

Now solenoid clicks so parallel switch engine starts went in to get bait while engine is warming up

come out engine is not running. Tried to start solenoid clicks so p switch and engine cranks but won't start.

Is there anyone in South Jersey who can help me with this problem. The mechanics I know are all tied up

Thanks

John

Silly question, but did you change both battery cables?

\Are you using a battery selector switch? If so, did you check the connectors to the battery switch and from the battery switch?

You can get a pair of jumper cables - battery ground to engine ground, touch battery positive cable to the big red connector on the starter with key switch on. See if it starts.

If so, that isolates the problem to the battery cables or battery selector switch. Next, bypass the selector switch (assuming you have one installed.) Those things do go bad. Before replacing battery switch, disconnect from battery and exercise it a bunch of times, then reconnect and re-test. Sometimes they just need the crud knocked off the contacts.

Back