Logo

2005 90ELPTO - Motor Fuel Fitting?

Lerie

This motor came with the boat I purchased earlier this year. Somehow, in checking it over, I neglected to see that this did not have a quick disconnect fuel fitting on the motor and it did not come with any owners manual. The fuel line is a direct connect from the fuel bulb into the motor. A search of parts manuals on this site, as well as others do not show clearly if this is the correct set up for this. Is this the correct set-up for this motor?

If so - how do you run the fuel out for storage?

I always add stabil w/each fillup. You never know when you will be layed up and not use the boat a year. Just today I towed a family of 5 in today because their boat wouldn't run worth a crap. He asked me if it could be from year old gas. I asked him if he had used a stabilzer. He said what is that? Now he has $120 worth of useless fuel...tank was full. Repairs will be a few $100 too.

Last edited:
Guessing that I will have to catch up with the new technology and reccomendations on how things are done in the present - 'cause in the past the reccomendation was always to run the fuel out even after intoducing stabilizer to the fuel tank.

Back