Logo

2004 Johnson 175 no reverse lock

Jewfish

I just bought a 2005 Ranger with a Johnson 175 2 stroke, with power trim/tilt.

In reverse, when kicking off weeds or applying much throttle, the motor rares up out of the water.

I have looked and can’t seem to locate the reverse lock component on this motor. It does have a trail bar, and and a small rotating block at the top of the motor which locks it up, but nothing I can spot for reverse locking down.

I have also looked at the online parts diagrams and can’t spot a component of any type for this function. Can anyone provide me with some help? What should I be looking for? Any type of picture, etc. would be awesome.

Thanks!

I just bought a 2005 Ranger with a Johnson 175 2 stroke, with power trim/tilt.

In reverse, when kicking off weeds or applying much throttle, the motor rares up out of the water.

I have looked and can’t seem to locate the reverse lock component on this motor. It does have a trail bar, and and a small rotating block at the top of the motor which locks it up, but nothing I can spot for reverse locking down.

I have also looked at the online parts diagrams and can’t spot a component of any type for this function. Can anyone provide me with some help? What should I be looking for? Any type of picture, etc. would be awesome.

Thanks!
Make sure manual release valve is closed.

Back