Logo

2004 3cyl 2stroke 90 looses power on top cyl at wot

mooseye

Hi all, old new poster here.
I acquired this engine on a pontoon purchased from my brother. It has had this problem virtually since new. It has been in more than one repair shop in its life. The engine starts at a bump of the key without enriching, when warm. It runs great at anything below full throttle and will usually run good at wot for about 30 seconds. After that, the top cyl cuts out and I must decrease throttle to about 2/3 and the cylinder resumes combustion as evidenced by an increase in speed.
The carbs, supposedly, have been "rebuilt" gone thru several times and the top one that I took off looks like brand new inside and out.
The float sits level with the body upside down. I did try blowing thru the fuel line while moving the float and it seemed I had to move the float about 3 degrees or so before air would pass the needle valve.
The main jet is very clean (like new) and is a .060.
The bowl vent jets are missing from all three carburetor and I assume they were removed or were never present in these carbs.
BTW, they are marked WME above 1 "space" XK on the linkage side with 3 B1 on top near outer flange and 108-(1,2 and 3 respectively) "space" 0304 on lower left of linkage side above the bowl. Everything seems okay but it does not run that way.
Any suggestions or questions welcomed and much appreciated.

Back