Logo

2004 200HP Opti electrical issues

es772

Sup guys. So Sunday I took the boat out to the sandbar. When it came time to leave I started the motor as usual and went to trim the motor up and it killed the engine. Tired to start again and nothing. No trim, no crank. Hailed the SeaTow guy over and he jumped me with his jump box and the engine started no problem. But everytime i tried to trim the engine it would stop. So he kept having to jump me. Finally made it back to the marina and bought new batteries as [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]I thought[/COLOR] it was a battery issue. New batteries and still no crank or trim. Finally got the engine to start after [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]reversing[/COLOR] the positive and negative on [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]the jump[/COLOR] box to the start for a surge of [COLOR=#DD3C42 !important]power and[/COLOR] then put the polarities the right way and she fired up. No the motor is running fine with no issues but I'm hesitant to take it out again without having it checked out. Anyone have any idea what this issue was. I was thinking maybe a relay was stuck or something. I should add that when the key was in the run position the Gauges were making a ticking/beeping sound and the RPM and MPH were maxing out.

All advice is much appreciated thanks guys!

Back